We live in a world where sexual assault affects the lives of thousands of people. In support of the Quebec coalition of sexual assault centers (CALACS), the FIQ invites its members to join the “Ensemble, créons une chaîne de solidarité” (together, let’s build a chain of solidarity) movement. Let’s come together to fight against sexual assault, with a focus on the following actions:
- Believe victims and adopt helpful attitudes when we hear someone’s experience;
- Clearly express disagreement when we hear comments that trivialize sexual assault;
- Intervene when we see intimidation, harassment or any type of sexual assault;
- Support the battles waged in your region against sexual violence and support CALACS;
- Demand that sexuality education be provided as a key measure to preventing sexual assault.
To show your support, wear a short chain of paper clips on your clothes to symbolize your participation in a long chain of solidarity in the fight against sexual violence.