In accordance with the RFIQ and FIQP Constitution and Bylaws, elections will be held at the Provincial Council on March 19, 20 and 21, 2019. The Election Committee is responsible for the election process and vote.
On this page, you will find the different positions up for election for each union structure, as well as the steps to follow to apply.
Candidacies mailed or sent by email must be received by March 14, 2019 at 5 p.m., or given to the president of the Election Committee before the official opening of the March Provincial Council, the time set for the meeting to begin in the meeting notice sent by the secretary (noon, on Tuesday, March 19).
To learn more
- Positions up for election
- How to submit your candidacy
- Candidacy form
- Confirmed candidates
- Election policy for provincial and federation committees
- Support tool for candidates
Positions up for election
RFIQ provincial committees
- Election : 1 substitute;
- Youth : Position reserved for delegates age 35 and younger;
3 substitutes (1st substitute will obtain a replacement for at least one year. 2nd substitute could obtain a replacement within a few months).
- Occupational Health and Safety : substitutes.
RFIQ ad hoc committee
- Negotiating Committee : 5 positions
- Negotiation Council (respiratory therapist) : 1 reserved respiratory therapist position.
- Negotiation Council (clinical perfusionist) : 1 reserved clinical perfusionist position..
Specifics on the mandate of the Negotiating Committee and Negotiation Council..
FIQP executive committee – reserved for members of unions affiliated to the FIQ | Secteur Privé (FIQP)
How to become a candidate
Follow the procedure below to become a candidate for one of the positions up for election:
- All candidates must be a member in good standing with a union affiliated with the FIQ or FIQP. She must complete the online candidacy form and include a short introductory text with a photo (portrait type) in JPEG format;
- Candidates will receive the form they filled out by email. It must be signed by their two seconders, accompanied with the signed declaration of a member in good standing (electronic signatures are permitted);
- Return the two documents: to the FIQ’s head office at, President of the Election Committee,
1234, avenue Papineau
Montréal (Québec) H2K 0A4
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 4. Candidacy forms mailed or sent by email must be received by March 14, 2019 at 5 p.m., or given to the President of the Election Committee before the Provincial Council in March officially begins, which is the time set for the beginning of the meeting on the notice of meeting sent by the secretary (at noon on Tuesday, March 19).
For any questions on the online candidacy form, please contact Josée Paquet at 514 987-1141 or at 1 800 363-6541, ext. 10363.
Consult the Support Tool for Candidates in the Elections.
Consult the list of confirmed candidates.
Consultez la liste des candidates confirmées.