Free psychological support for members insured with La Capitale
Whether for anxiety, depression or stress, several resources are available to help deal with this difficult time.
La Capitale is offering free access to a telephone psychological support service to all insured under the group insurance.
To reach the service 24/7, dial 1 855-874-8558.
As of April 14, 2019, healthcare professional members of the FIQ and FIQP are insured with La Capitale Insurance and Financial Services and have a new and improved group insurance plan. The latter includes a modular health insurance plan and optional dental insurance for the participant.
If you want to make changes to your coverage or have questions, you can also go to lacapitale.com/fiq.
Note that the FIQ contract does not include trip cancelation insurance
Given the current situation, La Capitale has put on line frequently asked questions for all their contracts. Please consult the FIQ contract to learn about the insurance coverage included in the contract.
Group Insurance Contract
Schedule of Coverage – Group insurance plan
Insurance – Rates
It you are age 60, on disability and intend to apply for your pension from the Québec Pension Plan (QPP), it is important to obtain information before doing so. In fact, even if your employer or insurer has not yet asked you to apply for the QPP disability pension, they could do so. You cannot receive the QPP retirement pension and QPP disability pension at the same time. You would have to cancel your retirement pension and reimburse money to Retraite Québec. If you are in this situation, contact Retraite Québec or the FIQ Social Security Sector for more information.
Logbook disability 10th edition
RREGOP : Our group pension plan (2nd Ed)
Due to COVID-19, the RREGOP statement of participation for 2019 will be issued in March 2021. Please note that it will not be sent in the mail. It will be available online in My Account.
In March 2021, your 2019 Statement of Participation under a public-sector pension plan, such as RREGOP or the PPMP, will be uploaded to My Account. Access My Account now: it’s simple, fast and secure!
Regroupement interprofessionnel des intervenants retraités des services de santé (RIIRS)
The RIIRS is a non-profit organization founded in 1992, with the help of the FIQ, to respond to a need for representation expressed by retired nurses.
Since October 2006, licensed practical nurses, respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists, technicians in extracorporeal circulation and baby nurses can join the RIIRS.
The Regroupement is an organization of collective action with the following objectives:
- Give a collective voice to the members to promote better defence of their rights and interests and create a feeling of belonging.
- Provide support to the members on improving their quality of life.
- Offer advisory services in insurance.
- Participate in the demands of retirees and establish links with other bodies.
- Participate in the major public debates on the interests of retired persons.
You can JOIN RIIRS AT ANY TIME after you retire independently of the health insurance.
Retired nurses, licensed practical nurses, respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and baby nurses practising their profession or living in Québec when they retire.
Retired employees working for RIIRS and FIQ or its affiliated unions when they retire.
- Sign a membership card.
- Pay the initiation fee.
- Agree to comply with the RIIRS General Regulations.
- Authorize the deduction at source of the annual dues when she receives a pension from CARRA.
For more information, consult the Regroupement interprofessionnel des intervenants retraités des services de santé website.
Advice and interesting links
5 Factors to consider before applying for your retirement pension
When should you apply for a retirement pension under the Québec Pension Plan?
Planning your retirement
Plan your retirement with your personalized documents
We also suggest reading Retirement is like any project, it requires planning.
RREGOP buy back
Since, June 15, 2020, there is only one form to complete for an application to buy back service under RREGOP. No need to contact the employer.
Breakdown of de fact spouses union
Since January 1, 2019, the partition of benefits accrued in a public-sector pension plan is possible for de facto spouses in the event of the breakdown of their union. For more information on the terms and conditions, you can consult the Retraite Québec website.
Leaves without pay, maternity or paternity leave
- You are taking a leave without pay of more than thirty consecutive days or part-time leave without pay of more than 20% of full-time work? Think about maintaining your RREGOP contribution and inform your employer.
- You took a leave without pay of more than thirty consecutive days or part-time leave without pay of more than 20% of full-time work without maintaining your RREGOP contribution? Don’t forget to apply for your buyback in the 6 months after returning to work.
- You took a maternity or paternity leave followed by a parental leave (QPIP)? Don’t forget to buyback your parental leave in the 6 months after returning to work.
If you want to have an estimate of your pension, you can use the tool on the Retraite Québec website.
“1,000 times thanks” contest exclusively for FIQ and FIQP members!
Don’t miss the chance to win one of 5 cheques worth $1,000 each from The Personal–the FIQ’s preferred home, auto and business group insurer for 25 years.
As a member of FIQ and FIQP, you can enjoy exclusive group rates on your home, auto and business insurance with The Personal. But that’s not all. You’ll also benefit from choosing an insurance company whose top priority is, and always has been, to support you.
Here’s how The Personal is here to help:
- Damage insurance agents who take time to explain your options
- The ability to manage your home and auto insurance policy anytime, anywhere
- One of the leaders in client experience
Plus, we’re with you whenever you need us with:
Manage online your home and auto insurance policy:
- View your insurance documents
- Update your address or add a driver
- File a claim, and more
The Personal App
- Get rewarded for your safe driving habits with Ajusto®
- Track severe weather with RadarTM
The Personal wants to thank you for being so dedicated, day in and day out, to supporting the community.
Since you are one of the FIQ or FIQP members, we know that you do not have a minute to yourselves these days – and we want to help you. That is why we are now offering additional services to our clients who are health workers to help them save time.
Services offered to our health worker clients:
- Day and night concierge service to help you make various appointments, such as automobile maintenance, lawn cutting and pet sitting and organizing the sending of flowers or gifts*.
- Quick and efficient roadside assistance to help you in case of a mishap on the road: battery boost, flat tire, running out of gas and other problems**.
- Priority access to our call centres if you have a question to ask or changes to make to your policy. Simply call 1 888 476-8737 Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. or Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Your call will be treated as a priority.
Moreover, you may be eligible for a rebate on your auto insurance if one of the vehicles on your policy is used only for essential travel now.
You can count on us
We will spare no effort for our clients to feel supported during this difficult time. From the bottom of our heart, thank you for all you do. Take care of yourself.
Benefits offered to FIQ and FIQP members
The Caisse Desjardins du Réseau de la santé is the exclusive financial institution for the healthcare system’s personnel where the members’ assets invested in the Caisse are reinvested in the sector to support health workers.
Engaged in its community for several years, the Caisse offers you, as a FIQ or FIQP union member, an array of competitive benefits and services for you and your family.
In a nutshell…
- An accessible and pioneering provincial financial institution, created by and for the people in the healthcare field;
- A group of financial experts and subsidiary specialists (VMD, The Personal, etc.);
- Mobile, virtual and telephone consulting services at the time and place convenient for you, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day;
- Financial flexibility for workers with precarious or part-time jobs with the TREMPLIN Desjardins program for returning to school;
- Significant amounts reinvested every year for health workers;
- Free conferences (budget, mortgage, personal finances, etc.);
- An active partnership with different unions in the health sector;
- In-depth expertise of the RREGOP pension plan;
- Analysis and retirement training sessions for workers (Caisse-Régie des rentes du Québec-CARRA);
- An improved provincial group RSVP in the health sector;
- A full range of competitive and adapted financial products and services including complementary products and group insurance;
- A place where the benefits of the cooperative distinction are fulfilled.
For sound advice about your finances…
One number, toll free: 1 877 522-4773
One of our advisors will know how to find THE solution for you